The Accounting Department consists of 20+ permanent professors that are based on both the Lille and Paris campus. The diversity in faculty profiles combining researchers and professors of practice guarantees a premium standard of course delivery covering both theoretical and real-life company cases.
Our curriculum reflects relevance in business practice and benefits from interactions with corporate professionals. We are committed to enrich student insights in today’s accounting profession leveraging on the use of premium knowledge and business analytics tools.
The Accounting departments feeds two majors in the Programme Grande École (PGE), namely the Audit and Advisory Major and the Financial and Management Control Major. Students who specialize in the Audit and Advisory track often pursue careers in external audit, accounting cabinets and advisory functions. Students in the Financial Management and Control Major typically take up position as financial planning and controller functions in public & private businesses, both in France and abroad.
Next to its specialization in Audit & Advisory and Financial Management and Control for the Grande École Program, the department also offers:
- An apprenticeship program in Audit, Management Control and Corporate Finance (joint with Finance) for students wishing to obtain vast practical knowledge and gaining “hands-on experience” while they continue their studies.
- A CMA-aligned Master in International Accounting, Audit and Control (MIAAC).
The program is completely taught in English and is based on a solid foundation in financial reporting and analysis, in management accounting and decision-making, corporate finance and financial advisory services, thereby preparing candidates for leading roles in these professions.
Research, Expertise and Corporate World
Research is an important pillar in the Accounting Department and receives support from the School’s ambition and continued investments in research excellence. The department hosts frequent research seminars with renowned international faculty. Several senior faculty hold editorial positions in Academic Accounting Journals.
The School provides access to a broad set of research databases including WRDS, Compustat, Execucomp, CRSP, Datastream, Orbis and Reuters and compares favorably with top-notch schools in the field.
The research team deals with several important topical questions in the accounting domain and has published in various internationally well-recognized peer-reviewed journals in the following areas:
- Audit quality and auditing functions
- Business group reporting
- Capital-market based accounting research
- Corporate social responsibility
- Determinants and economic consequences of accounting disclosures
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics
- Fraud scandals over time
- International tax planning
- Governance mechanisms in publicly listed and privately held firms
- Social media disclosures
- Use & decision-usefulness of management control systems
Academic staff of the Department
Research Seminars of the Department
We believe that collaboration, discussion and exchange are essential to fostering a positive environment for academic research. With this spirit, the School actively encourages and promotes the organization of research seminars, workshops and conferences.