IÉSEG welcomes 15 new permanent professors and postdoctoral researchers for the 2021/2022 academic year
IÉSEG is pleased to announce the arrival of 15 new permanent professors and postdoctoral researchers on its campuses of Lille and Paris-La Défense for this new academic year.
These arrivals are the results of a very selective and high-quality recruitment campaign despite a very competitive global job market. The recruitment ads were seen more than 11,700 times on the dedicated international recruitment websites and generated more than 1,330 applications. This number is constantly increasing: indeed, the School received 854 applications in 2019 and 1,124 applications in 2020.
IÉSEG has proven, once again, its ability to attract excellent professors from all countries (13 nationalities from around the world are represented by the new professors) who are all in line with the School’s Vision and strategy. Indeed, IÉSEG is not only looking for very good professors or researchers: the School recruits professor-researchers who share its values, its Vision of training changemakers for a better society, and who work collectively with the entire IÉSEG community. In order to offer students a unique and intercultural learning experience, these professors will conduct their research and teaching activities jointly.
Thus, there will be 175 full-time permanent professors at the School for the upcoming school year (there were 137 at the start of the 2018 school year), all of whom hold a PhD or doctorate. More than 80% are international professors, representing no less than 48 different nationalities.
The 15 new professors are (by department):
Department « People, Organizations and Negotiation »
– Lucas AMARAL, professor in Change Management
– Giverny DE BOECK, professor in Change Management
– Gouri MOHAN, professor in Leadership
– Hayley WALKER, professor in International Negotiation
Department « Management & Society »
– Benjamin HUYBRECHTS, professor of Business & Society
– Lee JARVIS, professor of Strategic Management
– Wim VAN LENT, professor of Strategic Management
Department « Economics and Quantitative Methods »
– Thomas EPPER, professor of Economics
– Enkelejda HAVARI, professor of Economics
Department « Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Information Systems »
– Tuan Thanh NGUYEN, postdoctoral researcher
– Lauren WAARDENBURG, professor of Information Systems
Department « Operations Management »
– Nico SCHMID, professor in Operations Management
– Roya TAT, postdoctoral researcher in Operations Management
Department « Marketing and Sales »
– Barbara BRIERS, professor of Marketing
– Devarajan RANGARAJAN, professor of Marketing
The School is also pleased to announce that Catherine ARCHAMBAULT, previously a postdoctoral researcher at the School, has recently become a permanent professor of Strategic Management in the « Management & Société » department.