Internships and Gap year
Internships and Gap Year of the Grande Ecole Program
At the end of their IÉSEG curriculum, students have spent an average of 12 months in companies and have acquired a minimum of 4 months of work experience abroad (internship or gap year).
In addition to the required classes, students have the option to take a gap year of 6 to 12 months during their Master. This is subject to approval by the Gap Coordinator.
Help in Finding Internship
IÉSEG’s Corporate Relations department organizes regular meetings to inform students about available tools for researching internships. Students will also be able to log on to IÉSEG’s website to browse postings for various internships.
|Social and Professional internship
1 to 2 months
Gap year internship
Up to 12 months
Direct contact with a diverse clientele and obligation to develop sales pitches.
- BAC +2
- 2 months minimum – Between June and August
- Sales training
- Understand the sales field and experience sales related jobs
- Direct contact with a diverse clientele (face to face)
- Able to initiate sales related actions alone
- Direct contact with customers (BtoB or BtoC)
- Development of a sales pitch
Missions within various fields such as: sales, finance, management, marketing, HR… according to the student’s career/professional project.
- BAC + 3
- 4 months minimum – between April and August
- Discover or further explore the student’s career plan
- Use knowledge acquired in the Bachelor program to analyze a specific problem and propose operational solutions
- Market research – Implementation of a loyalty program
- Event planning assistance: organization of daily cultural events, customer support, implementing group packages
- Cost structure and profitability analysis
Missions in various fields: sales, finance, management, marketing, HR … in relation to the student’s career/professional project.
- BAC +4/5
- 6 months – January to June, or July to December
- Conduct a mission with responsibilities (at the level of a “junior manager”)
- Develop student’s ability to analyze problems, to offer solutions and to take responsibility
- Junior Auditor
- Product Assistant Manager
- Junior Management Controller
- Human Resources Officer Assignments
In addition to compulsory classes, our students can opt for a 6 or 12-month break during their curriculum. During this time, the student has the opportunity to find one or more internship, or to carry out a personal project. This is subject to approval by the IÉSEG Academic Management Team. Gap year departures are on the same timeframe as executive internships (from January to June or from July to December).
Gap year internship
Missions can be carried out in various areas of management, and in different company/organizational structures. The aim is to develop the student’s career/professional project, develop skills.
- Duration: between 1 and 6 months
- Participate in the monthly closing process (closing procedures (SAP), results analysis, reporting to the Group, participation in the preparation of the budget review
- Participate in the development of customer reports activities, including consistency check, implementation of standardized tests