Non-European students must request a student long-stay visa for studies (D visa), also called VLSTS (visa de long séjour valant titre de séjour), from the French Consulate in their home country. Make sure you obtain this visa; otherwise, you may get a visa that only allows you to remain in France for your exchange study period and prevents you from receiving financial support for accommodation from the French government.

Students should check with the Embassy what kind of visa they will receive and which possibilities this visa offers.

We will help non-European students with residence title applications once in France (residence permit / OFII stamp).

Exception: students coming for less than 90 days (due to an academic trimester system in their home university) can ask for a Schengen visa.

Download the « IÉSEG Passport«