The Grande École Program
Overview of the Grande École Program
The 5-year “Grande École” Program, consisting of a 3-year Bachelor cycle, followed by a 2-year Master cycle, enables students to acquire solid knowledge while developing their skills through numerous opportunities for practical application. Upon completion of this program, they graduate with a “Master in Management” degree.
benefits OF THE GRANDE ÉCOLE PROGRAM
This structure offers countless benefits, including compatibility with global standards, which simplifies academic recognition:
- An intercultural student experience throughout the learning process.
Intercultural passport recognized by AACSB, where students acquire real intercultural management skills and prepare for their academic exchange abroad.
- The consideration of environmental, societal and ethical questions in every part of the program.
Discovery of sustainable development from the first semester of the first year. IÉSEG has a Center of Excellence for Organizational Responsibility. The professors who are members of this center teach Grande École Program courses.
- Innovative and creative teaching, preparing students for today’s business challenges.
Examples: crealab, introduction to artificial intelligence, courses in Data Sciences, code, UX/UI design, consulting project in innovation, etc.
- The development of creativity, relational and collective intelligence to train the leaders of tomorrow (demonstrated by the important contribution of personal development and soft skills in the program).
- The acquisition of experience in management in an intercultural context.
The Managing Diversity in Vivo course is one of a kind: every Master student trained in management and group communication is the “manager” in charge of accompanying a group of Bachelor’s students.
- A transversal and interdisciplinary program.
Example: interdisciplinary projects every semester in order to allow students to immediately apply management and personal skills acquired throughout the courses).
objectives of the Grande École Program
- Be able to integrate into an international and intercultural environment.
- Be able to operate in an ethical and responsible manner.
- Be able to foster innovation and promote organizational change.
- Be equipped with strong team leadership skills.
- Be equipped with strong management skills.
- Be able to integrate various business disciplines and functions.
Dr. Robert JOLIET
This program offers our students a real interdisciplinary and intercultural approach to skill acquisition, combining knowledge, the development of know-how and behavioral and managerial skills that will make them responsible and innovative leaders of change.
Personal and professional development
The Grande École Program’s pedagogical objectives are based on knowledge and skill acquisition, to train ethical, responsible, and inspiring managers. In order to reach these objectives, the Grande École Program pays particular attention to personal development by teaching students to learn more about themselves, about others, and about what drives engagement.
A unique course exists in order to enable students to acquire management skills even before they graduate, by supporting and managing other groups of younger students. During the Managing Diversity in Vivo course, each student trained in management and group communication is the “manager” of a group of Bachelor Cycle students.
This course has two main positive effects:
- Facilitating the integration of Bachelor Cycle students, particularly in their transition from secondary to higher education with the help of a mentor.
- Providing each Master Cycle student with an “in Vivo” management experience in an intercultural context.
Because ethical, environmental and responsible dimensions are at the heart of today’s issues, students collaborate with companies on real environmental issues or more globally related to CSR on the occasion of the transversal project PPP (People-Planet-Profit). To carry out this project, students will have to put into practice the teachings of the following courses: Sustainability Strategies, Management Control, Financial Analysis, People and Organization Management, Digital Innovation and Resource Management. The combination of the knowledge provided to students during the courses and their application to concrete cases thus allows them to become aware of CSR, the environment and ethics.
Examples of past projects, covering a multitude of indsutries:
- Fashion/ready-to-wear industry: CSR Creation Pack. The objective: to propose an annual calendar of a collaborator’s “CSR life moments” and to work more in depth on a “CSR life moment” (program, budget, and research related to service providers).
- High-end ready-to-wear industry: disabilities in companies. What innovative policy should be used to meet the challenges of recruitment?
- Banking industry: what are the impacts of climate-related risks on the banking industry?
Seeing as IÉSEG trains changemakers, students will follow a newly designed course on positive leadership, which is based on pedagogical innovation, combining physical and remote learning, simulations, role-playing, etc.
During every semester of the Bachelor Cycle, students will also follow open-mindedness courses to increase their awareness of the world and of themselves (example: sociology, history, etc.).
During the first two semesters of the Grande École Program, students will benefit from teaching aimed at developing their awareness of themselves, of others, and meant to teach them how to work on their relationships with other people. For instance, during a seminar, and in order to work on efficiency in their relationships with each other, students will address the “framework” of a collective work and underlying values, interpersonal communication and types of expression in a collective project.
In self-assertion through theater courses, they will work on: listening, positioning, looking, space, breathing, emotion, action verbs, improvisation, the principle of dissociation and letting go.
With the “creativity, self-confidence and collective intelligence” hub, students will learn to:
- Develop their empathy of situations and of the people involved.
- Leave their comfort zones and find their bearings.
- Know themselves better: their engagement, motivation, and driving forces.
- Gain a better understanding of how things work: mobilize their resources, become aware of their postures, communicate, and manage pressure.
- Make the link between reactions/needs and emotions within a group or in their personal life.
- Express themselves in a group setting, all the while respecting themselves and their teammates.
- Accept differences, consider everyone’s talents, and learn how to put them best to use.
- Be actively engaged in relationships with other people: collaboration, place, role, and affirmation.
Focus on… The Sustainability Certificate
Directly in line with IÉSEG’s mission to train inspiring, multicultural and ethical changemakers, the School has developed a sustainability certificate for students in the Grande École program. This Sustainability Certificate rewards students engaged and committed to Sustainability at IÉSEG. Students obtain points -throughout their years of study at the school- for their engagement in 4 categories: elective courses related to CSR topics; engagement in sustainable associations, events, and conferences; professional experience via internships, gap year, or the creation of a start-up; and their master thesis project on organizational ethics, social responsibility, or sustainable development theme. The Certificate is delivered at the end of their studies to those students who acquire the minimum established points
The Career Program has been designed to help students formulate and implement their professional project in line with their aspirations, skills, and the socio-economic reality of the labor market.
The objective is to facilitate their integration into a company, within an environment that fosters their personal and professional growth.
of our graduates surveyed in work found their first job either before leaving the School or within four months of leaving
of Alumni work abroad
of Alumni working in France
are employed as executives
Average annual salary