[Research Workshop] “Using AI for qualitative research” H. SCHILDT – Aalto University
Date and Location – Monday June 5th 2023 from 10:00 to 12:00 in Paris Campus (PA24)
IMPORTANT: Registration is compulsory for people outside IÉSEG via this link
Powerful Large Language Models, such as GPT3.5 and GPT4 are able to carry out increasingly complex tasks with textual data. It seems inevitable that they will have an increasing impact on how we conduct qualitative research in the future. I have been experimenting with diverse approaches and also investigating the legal conditions for using the technologies. I have developed an interactive hands-on workshop to help you explore the technology yourself and spark discussions on the opportunities.*
THE TOPICS COVERED IN THE WORKSHOP MAY INCLUDE:
- How can ChatGPT help you extract and summarize key themes in your empirical materials?
- How to combine GPT with Google Sheets to analyze your qualitative data at scale?
- How to use ChatGPT to create and explore different second order categorizations?
- Quantifying qualitative data at scale with GPT
- Why GPT implementation in Atlas.ti is currently useless
- What are the legal challenges and best practices for using GPT under the GDPR regime?
- Ethical issues and journal policies related to GPT
- The evolving role of the qualitative researcher and how GPT can help make us both more creative and more productive