The Finance Department consists of approximately 27 permanent professors, 13 visiting professors and 31 adjunct professors with professional backgrounds from academia and private companies. In addition, the Department counts on the support of Teaching and Research Assistants preparing their PhD. Such diversity in the faculty profiles allows the Department to deliver a high standard of courses not only at a theoretical level, but also in dealing with real company issues.
Hence, the department’s pedagogy is based on solid theoretical fundamentals, case studies and practical work, while the students benefit from a broad curriculum in the different domains of Finance, Audit and Control. Each campus hosts a Financial Markets Lab equipped with leading Bloomberg/Reuters terminals which are one of the largest in terms of seats for students among French business schools.
Students who specialize in the Finance track often pursue careers in financial management of private or public businesses, in commercial and investment banks or in asset management companies.
The Department offers:
- three majors in the Grande Ecole Program: Financial Management (joint with the Accounting Department), Corporate Finance and Asset & Investment Management ;
- the MSc in Finance (MFIN) for students wishing to enhance their expertise in financial analysis and investment management ;
- the MSc in Investment Banking and Capital Markets (MBANK) for students wishing to pursue a career in investment banking and in the functioning and regulation of equity and debt capital markets ;
- the Apprenticeship program in Audit, Management Control and Corporate Finance (joint with the Accounting Department) for students wishing to obtain vast practical knowledge and gaining “hands-on experience”, while they continue their studies ;
- the Executive Postgraduate Program in Financial Management (MSDF) targeting executives with the potential and the ambition to become Finance directors, by developing the participants’ knowledge, know-how and interpersonal skills.
- Risk & Asset Management. Our research team deals with the valuation of financial assets, portfolio construction, market-timing and stock-picking strategies, high-frequency trading, market microstructure, estimation and management of the volatility and every type of financial risk.
- Banking, Monetary Policy and Financial Regulation. This topic includes the implementation and the transmission of the monetary policy, the liquidity of the interbank market, the Basel regulatory framework and its evolution, stress testing, the impact of the financial crisis on the characteristics of bank loans.
- Corporate Ownership Structure, which can be held in whole or in part by a family, private equity investors, the government, and the management. The analysis of the causes and the economic consequences of the ownership structure and its evolution are made in connection with the performance of the company, the governance structure and M&A activities.
Academic staff of the Department