‘How I Met Your Start-Up’ 2023 edition: talent, innovation and eloquence
On November 23, the Université Catholique de Lille was the stage for the 9th edition of the eloquence competition organized by IÉSEG’s “How I Met Your Start-Up” association. This event drew over 700 people (students, teachers, professionals) in a large amphitheater, and even more live on YouTube. The concept? Students selected by start-ups had to pitch their projects in an innovative way. This Grand Final was hosted by two 2nd-year students from the Grande École Program, Lou BONNIOL and Mathis MOHSENI.
“We were treated to a colorful evening of eloquence and entrepreneurship. A real American-style show, hosted by a duo of speakers who put the spotlight on the 8 students who pitched, and left with their hands full of gifts and their heads full of memories. It was a golden opportunity for our students to discover entrepreneurship, and for the entrepreneurs to test their concept in a crowded amphitheatre”, explains Ethan LEFEBVRE, President of the “How I Met Your Start-Up” association.
Enzo DARDAS is the grand winner of this 2023 edition, taking home €500 for himself and €1,500 for Wetri. Anne-Sixtine LATOUR & Lison DUBUS took second place, winning €300 and €1,000 for Bioteos, while Gaetan FIEVET took third place, winning €200 and €500 for Odess.
This year’s finalists presented engaging projects, all with a unique perspective:
- Anne-Sixtine LATOUR & Lisbon DUBUS pitched Bioteos, which develops innovative air purifiers using microalgae.
- Thibault FERRRAND presented Virtysens, offering immersive teleportation for the most vulnerable.
- Gaetan FIEVET, represented Odess, the 100% immersive and inclusive erotic platform.
- Paul MUSELET for Watt: the start-up that turns your bicycles into electric bikes.
- Charles EVERAER and Samuel BRIAND for Korai, the platform that helps companies restore marine ecosystems in Africa.
- Enzo DARDAS pitched WeTri, the solution that rewards recycling
These 8 students competed in eloquence and creativity to win a total of €4,000 in prizes, shared between the students and the start-ups.
The jury, chaired by Eric CHABOT, a leading speaker and coach, brought a critical eye and diverse expertise with professionals from a variety of backgrounds. It was made up of : Caroline ROUSSEL, Dean of IÉSEG, Chris LEWIS, Head of People ABINBEV France, Elina COHEN-PEIRANO, Founder of Urone®, Hadrien DEBACKER, Associate Lawyer (Business Law), Bérangère LEROY, Manager of Clubs and Networks at CCI Grand Lille, Romain DEKEYSER, Head of Customer Innovation and Transitions.